School programs are designed for speakers to address the students in a two part series girls and boys. Students are met in their classrooms or assemblies.
This allows students to open up without criticism, teens need to be heard we challenge their way of thinking helping them to see a bigger and brighter future than they imagine. We strongly speak against bullying and how everyone loses.
Our goal is to encourage, inspire and give them real life situations. We allow
and engage them with questions and answers.
We encourage them on key factors:
1. How to Set Goals and Achieve Them
2.The Importance of Education
3. We encourage Priority List
4. Respect and Honor
5. Self Value
6. No tolerance to Bullying
Hands Off ® 2016 All Rights Reserved
1. Nearly 1 in 3 students (27.8%) report being bullied during the school year (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2013).
2. 64 percent of children who were bullied did not report it; only 36 percent reported the bullying(Petrosina, Guckenburg, DeVoe, and Hanson, 2010).
More than half of bullying situations (57 percent) stop when a peer intervenes on behalf of the student being bullied (Hawkins, Pepler, and Craig, 2001).
3. School-based bullying prevention programs decrease bullying by up to 25% (McCallion and Feder, 2013).
1. Students who experience bullying are at increased risk for depression, anxiety, sleep difficulties, and poor school adjustment (Center for Disease Control, 2012).
2. Students who bully others are at increased risk for substance use, academic problems, and violence later in adolescence and adulthood (Center for Disease Control, 2012).
3. Compared to students who only bully, or who are only victims, students who do both suffer the most serious consequences and are at greater risk for both mental health and behavior problems (Center for Disease Control, 2012).
4. Students who experience bullying are twice as likely to experience negative health effects such as headaches and stomachaches. (Gini and Pozzoli, 2013)
We speak with students on different types of bullying and how to stay safe from cyber bullying.
1. How to define and abusive relationship and the warning signs
2. Forms of abuse in dating violence.
3.How to seek help out of an abusive relationship